Thursday, February 13, 2014

Use Pearls Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks

Good Morning!  Can you believe we are almost halfway through February!  
This week I am hosting my first challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks and I want to see what you can do with pearls .  I had planned on doing this great Valentine's Day Card to show today, but when I found this beautiful paper at Hobby Lobby the other day I knew it would be perfect for pearls. But then after I finished it I thought - What shows more love the pearls, flowers and angels?  This is going to be a great non-traditional Valentine for my hubby's Grandmother.  I used an image from The Paper Shelter that is simply called Angel and you can find her here.  I colored her with Prisma Color Pencils and embossed her wings and underskirt with Zing white opaque finish embossing powder.  I also added some embossing around the die cut which is one of Spellbinders great dies.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the pearls and paper are from The Paper Studio. The ribbon is from my stash.





Come join us this week at 4 Crafty Chicks and show us what you create using Pearls.  I can't wait to see! And don't forget to stop by the rest of the Chicks blogs and leave them some love!  They have some amazing creations to share with you!

I am entering into the following challenges:
 
 Thanks for stopping by! See you soon!


Tina

13 comments:

Scrapcat 1 said...

ooh this is very pretty Tina :)

SarahGeorge said...

Fabulous card, Tina! Loved every detail :). Thanks for the crafty chicks blog info. Will visit and participate :)

mixamatoasties said...

That's such a pretty card Tina!

Susan x

Gail said...

Tina, this card caught my eye. I adore the sweet image, and your coloring with your pencils is awesome. The layout and embellishments of this card are wonderful with the image and that paper...it is absolutely perfect. I love the look of this card with the pretty diecut behind the image. The flowers, ribbon and pearls...all lend to a card that is so romantic in my opinion. I love it and I know your husband's grandmother is going to be thrilled with it. Thanks for entering our challenge at The Paper Shelter with one of our images!!! Hugs, Gail

Leanne said...

Super cute, love this image and the pearls, such a nice added detail. Love me those flowers, great challenge and awesome card! WTG!

Tamie said...

Phenomenal creation with all of those pearls. Love the pearl on the bow a spectacular touch. Oh and your image is oh so adorable. You color them up so perfectly. Great job on your first hostessing post. You rocked it. Woot,Woot!

Cards by Ziggy said...

Great work, some lovely details, thank you for sharing this fortnight with us at Creative moments

Ziggy DT

DesignerDiva said...

Beautiful card Tina, I love all the different textures and those pearls are gorgeous!
Thanks for playing along at Diva's this week for our 'With Love' challenge and good luck
Hugs Laurie x

Eileen said...

Great use of the image. Beautifully coloured and great layout. Those pearls really set her off so well. Thanks for joining in with our 'Be my Valentine' challenge at TPS this week, and good luck
Eileen x

Kates said...

Such a pretty card. Thanks for joining Fab n Funky this week. Kx

Andie's Space said...

Hi Tina,
What a pretty card. Love your sweet image & the fabulous pearly swirl! Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

DebiJ said...

This is such a beautiful card Tina...I just love the style & the perfection of it..the pearls of course set it off!

alex said...

A truly beautiful card, thank you for playing at Creative Moments Alex x