Thursday, February 19, 2015

Things With Wings at 4 Crafty Chicks

Good morning!  Can you believe we are already in the middle of February?!?  Time seems to just fly by!  I have some exciting news to share!  My daughter just got her call from the Illinois Department of Corrections and she leaves for the police academy on March 9!  I am so happy for her yet so sad that she will be leaving the nest for good in just a few short weeks.

Today is Thursday so that means a new challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.  Tamie is our hostess this week and she is asking to see "THINGS WITH WINGS".  So, anyone who knows me knows how much I love butterflies!  This was a pretty simple quick card for me.  I embossed my main card stock with my new hearts embossing folder from Close To My Heart and added some pattern paper just off center.  Some ribbon for trim and paper butterflies that I picked up at Michaels.  The stamp is from the Seaside collection from Close To My Heart and I cut it out using a Spellbinders die.


I ended up giving this card to my secretary for her birthday last week and she loved it!  
So, why not join in the fun and enter your card today using "THINGS WITH WINGS" over at 4 Crafty Chicks?  While you are there be sure to leave a little love for the rest of the design team.  They have some pretty amazing talent to share with you all!

I am entering the following challenges:




See yo soon!


5 comments:

Leanne said...

Great job for you daughter, must be so pleased/proud/sad all those Mom feelings...Way to go! Love the butterflies on your card, and the color is awesome, way to go! Hugs!

Tamie said...

Tina your news is simply awesome! I am so excited to here the news and you can tell you are over the moon but will miss her. I am loving the color of your card and the butterflies are simply rockin. Hugs

Lori Turner said...

Tina, this is so pretty!! Awesome news for your daughter - very happy for you and your family!! Love the butterflies ;)

Danielle Vincent said...

The police academy - how wonderful!!! I can relate to the feeling of happiness for them and sadness for you.
This card is so beautiful - those butterflies seem to be just floating off the card. Really nice job! Hugs D

kali said...

what for a beautiful card
very great
hugz
Kali